Monday, December 28, 2009

running thoughts

I went running this morning. This is what ran through my mind...
  • I really do not like running most of the time
  • How do I make it in the snow?! I have only been here 6 days and I have fully adjusted to the warm life again. Can I go back? Guess I don't have a choice.
  • I am going to sit right here in the sun for 10 minutes and reward myself for all the running I did (I really sat down and enjoyed that!)
  • Wow...I am so white, So very very white. Gross.
  • Are my thighs jiggling?! Gotta fix that.
  • The city does trail events. I love the City of San Marcos. Holds a dear place in my heart - my very first employers.
  • I really need a haircut. Maybe some bangs...
  • Houses on the side of Emerald Heights - beautiful. But how practical is it? What if your daughter has a play date with a friend who lives on the hill. Do you drive down and then back up the same hill to drop her off or do you make her climb through the brush?
  • I hate this hill...
  • I have only passed one person running. If I were in Provo, I would have passed everyone!
Mostly, I get way more distracted running here than I do in Provo. Maybe it's because I don't have Alison to keep me going. Or maybe I am running during the day so I can actually see things around me. Mostly I think it is the sun and how much I love home. I want to be outside.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

True, so many people run in Provo! I need to start again.

Alison Rae said...

Yay for running in sunny and warm southern california!! I get way distracted running here too! Also, I can never run as far as we did in Provo. Today I did the longest run since I have been home (2.5 mi)and I was DYING when I was done. What happened to being able to run 3.5??!! I just don't get it....