Monday, December 7, 2009

SNOW!! The good and the bad
















So the first real snow has come. It is beautiful to look at. Absolutely gorgeous and it finally feels like Christmas (weird that I said that since I have never had Christmas and snow together...). But I guess what I mean is that it finally feels like winter?

What I have decided..
  • I like looking at it
  • I don't even mind walking in it
  • I DO NOT LIKE driving in it AT ALL - I feel like I was better at it last year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well let me just tell you about this weekend because it was wonderful (besides the fact that I was sick...)

FRIDAY - We had our last Adaptive Aquatics field trip to BYU. We only had one who was prepared for swimming so we just all stayed in the gym and had a blast! Preston came and I just love when he does that. Then - my lame phone died. Won't charge. And I spent from 4 to 6 at the Verizon store with my wonderful sister. She helped me pick a new one...it's the new chocolate. I know, another chocolate, but I seriously am loving this one. It's a touch phone and I was iffy about that...but it's been tons of fun. I made Kelsey drive home because I definitely had a fever. Preston went to the store and got me medicine and powerade. What a boyfriend, right?! It was an early night due to sick me.

SATURDAY - Still recovering but feeling better. Preston picked me up at 1 and we watched his uncle dominate with other BYU alum in a volleyball tournament. Then we drove up to Draper and got lunch with Kelsey. This was followed with a triple date to the BYU vs. San Fran game at the Energy Solutions Arena. Kelsey went out with Jordan Mann (a good friend of mine from the ward last year) and then Todd (also from my ward) and his date. We had a blast. Lorena also had her Christmas Boutique - a give and buy adorable craft bazaar raising money for a family without Christmas in Argentina. I brought a few headbands that I had a made. We went back to spend the night with Lyman, Lorena, the girls, and Kels. Lots of fun and a fairly late night.

SUNDAY - First of all, my ward is amazing. I love testimony meetings with them. That was great. Right after church, Preston and I left for Salt Lake where we went to the Christmas Devotional. I hope you all got to see it because it was fabulous. (You can listen/watch it here) After the devotional we went to his aunt and uncles house where we ate, ate, ate.

What a weekend!

No comments: