Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The end of my BYU football career





I am home! Oh how I love San Marcos. Hannah and I went on a run (really, just turned into a walk) this morning and I forgot how beautiful it was!



This last week has been crazy. Monday night Kelsey, Preston, Kathy, and I left for the longest, but greatest trip home. We stayed Monday night in Santa Clara with Reese and Markay. I love them. Those kids were so much fun and seeing Preston playing wii with my little boy cousins was adorable. That was only after I knocked him out in wii boxing :)



Tuesday morning we left for Vegas. Preston had bought us tickets to the BYU bowl game for my Christmas present. Despite the cold (freezing cold) and windy wind wind, we had a blast! BYU was playing amazing and Preston and I made it to ESPN. I did have to leave with about 4 minutes left though...Kelsey and Kathy were kind of just stuck wandering through Vegas while Preston and I enjoyed the game. He was leaving to go back to Provo with friends after the game. So Kelsey called and called and called. I already knew we were going to win, couldn't I just leave? She sure doesn't understand football and how I have to stay until the end, but I eventually had to give in (she was beginning to whine...)

Being home has treated me well. I sit at home. I nap. I make my flower headbands. But I have redeveloped my cough. It's nice to have mom here to take care of me :)

Also, tomorrow is Christmas! I wish you all a Merry Christmas. I love this time of year. I love hearing Hannah play and sing to Silent Night. I love hearing my siblings laugh and talk in all their loudness. Most of all, I love my Savior. I am so grateful for this time that we get to spend celebrating His birth.

No comments: