Wednesday, August 5, 2009

fish (not so much) fun

Aubrey left her fish in my hands while she went off and had fun with her internship with NBA this summer. Lucky me. First, we named him something I can't remember. Then she named him Dookie! ahh haha Porter came to visit the other weekend and when he asked, I told him the fish was named Dookie. He laughed and then went over to look at him again about a half hour later and says, "What's his name? Turd?" haha hilarious. On a more recent note though, Aubrey informed me through facebook that he is now Twinkie, but he'll always be Turd to me!

Alright, this is my not so fun part of the story. Part of taking care of the fish is cleaning out his bowl. Ok, I can do that...but it gets tricky because he never wants to come out and it's hard to dump him into a cup over the kitchen sink. Well, Hannah (My family is in town this week) and my cousin, Catherine, came over to spend the night last night. I went do put away some dishes or something and realized it was time to clean the bowl. No biggie, right? Well, I start dumping the water to get him out and he flopped right off the cup and right into my drain! I just saw him flopping there and screamed, a really loud-scared-Tati-dramatic type of scream. AHHHHHHHH I JUST DROPPED THE FISH! HANNAH! THE FISH! IT'S IN THE DRAIN!!! AHHHHH I JUST DROPPED THE FISH! This continued for some time and the girls had no idea what to do. Eventually Hannah stuck her little hands in there and says "Ew. He's flopping!" So we knew he was alive.

End of story - Dookie/Turd/Twinkie made it back to his clean fishbowl and seems happier than ever.

4 comments:

aubrey said...

ahahahaa!!! i literally screamed and threw my hand over my mouth when i found out the little guy was suffocating. THANK YOU FOR SAVING HIM, HANSTAR!! His name used to be Nigel, although some people called him Hitler. Poor fish is going to have identity crisis. But thank you for taking such good care of him. We both really appreciate it :)

Alyse Bennett said...

Way to go Hannah for being the one calm enough to grab the flopping fish! I miss that little girl, and I miss you.

Alison Rae said...

HAHAHA!!! I am so so glad i was not there and that I have never had to clean out his bowl!! I hate flopping fish and it would be a NIGHTMARE to drop him in the drain!!! Miss you Tats, I will be home soon!!

p.s. have you been watering my plant??!!

elyssa said...

dude. cinema paradiso. please explain it to me--i know i ran into you at international cinema when it was playing liiiiike 2 years ago, and i still need an explanation, cuz my brain is not big enough! ; )

you are lovely!