Thursday, August 20, 2009

catch up



Last day at work
I loved my job. Working in the Student Athlete Building was so amazing. I have never worked with such great people and in such a friendly and exciting environment. I met people that I will never forget and I got to see a whole new side of BYU Athletics - and I just love it even more.



CARLY
My favorite Carly Jean came and stayed with me for 6 whole days! This is the first time she has ever visited in the summer and Utah was a whole new experience for her. It was hot AND cold. Rain, thunder, sun, and more sun. The poor girl got stuck with me getting ready to teach...she decorated my classroom, talked me through stress, all that good stuff. We made pizza and treats and ate J Dawgs (her favorite!). We went on one run and never went hiking. We watched Arsenic and Old Lace at Rock Canyon Park and saw BYU women's soccer play Dixie State (where Abby Monroe is goalie! So fun seeing them at the game). Overall - Carly is such a good friend. I had so much fun with her and I am so lucky she loves me so much :)




Teaching!
I love it. I am in love with my class. I have a jock, a class clown, the princess, the loveable giant, mr. monitor everyone else, and a super happy cutie. There is one that I still have to meet and we get a new girl tomorrow. Definitely still a lot I have to do and figure out - but it is fun and it is where I am supposed to be.


All this good is happening in my life and I am so grateful but a friend of mine was in an accident last week and passed away and I cannot stop thinking about him. One summer I saw him almost everyday and it was tons of fun. Together we pulled pranks, we boxed on wii, we looked at "alien lights" that turned out to only be thunder, we sat in hot tubs, and went to the beach...I miss him. I miss that summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you honey--and am soooo proud of you!!!!

thorkgal said...

You're taking life by storm I tell you... and that is for real, not just "alien lights". Haha. :)