Thursday, August 6, 2009

my door

The door to our apartment often gets stuck. Friends will come over and not be able to get in. No matter how loud we yell, we always eventually have to get up and open the door. I have watched people try to open the door and tell me that it is locked. Silly.

Well, Hannah and Catherine were spending the night. I had work at 8 the next morning and mom was going to come down to be with them around noon. Around 1 I call to see if mom got there and what they were doing. Mom tells me that they have been locked out. The girls went outside and locked themselves out.

I was so confused. You can't lock our door without a key. I kept trying to explain to mom that there is a bolt and it isn't just some flimsy lock, there has to be a key. She tells me that she even tried it and felt it hit the bolt, it was locked.

Then I remembered. You guys! My door gets stuck. I tell mom to go up and give it a big push. I hear her walk to the door, then her body pushing against the door and then the laughing.

I love the simple laughs of life!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Haha I think that's what happened to me that one day I was sitting outside and thought I got locked out right before my class!But nobody had been home to lock me out! :) Love your blog Tati!!