Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Me...Teaching?! Already!?

This has been the craziest week of my life.

Friday night there was this teacher fair and like 15 districts/schools from Utah were there, waiting to reel all innocent and naive students into their schools. We got chocolate bars, water bottles, seeds to make gardens, lunch boxes...I had a bag full of goodies when I left. There were a few school districts that really impressed me with how much they pursued me. I mean, even ones I never considered working with, which is surprising because some of them were the closest ones. I interviewed with one district but that was crazy because two schools were interviewing me at the same time! "Now which job would you prefer?" uh...whichever school wants me? It was rough, but I did just fine. Another district interviewed me only to call me a few hours later and say "Come work with us!" Well. I had to see some schools. I went to the elementary school I interviewed with first. So, indoor schools are just not my thing. I never went to one and have never really been a fan. They smell, you feel trapped...but this school! Oh man. It was so cute. It smelt good, the principal was fabulous, and I would have a part-time teacher to work with! IDEAL for an internship. Needless to say, they called me a few hours after I left and I now have a job for next year.

I AM GOING TO BE A SPECIAL ED TEACHER! I will be working with kids between 3rd and 5th grade. I am so excited.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my baby, Kuki! I love you.

thorkgal said...

Wow! Your like a... grown up! Ha ha What great news to hear.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you honey. Those kids are so lucky to have you as a teacher and more importantly, as a friend! I know how much you really care about those special spirits. I love you.

Unknown said...

You are going to be a teacher! It feels so weird that you are old enough to be a teacher! Yet, you are my oldest sister. :) I love you and miss you! YOU HOT CHEETO! KISS KISS HUG HUG!!!!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtney said...

tati! that is so exciting. congrats girl!