Monday, March 9, 2009

Kelly's Wedding!



I remember the first time I met Kelly. She moved to San Marcos from Minnesota but she had only lived there for like 6 months and was really from Washington. She has fire red hair (absolutely beautiful!), big blue eyes, and a beautiful smile. She lived a five minute walk away and I had a new friend in my ward. Then she was in my bio class! We did everything together. Concerts, lifeguarding, beach, road trips, dance, make music videos, TP wars, KPFM...really, everything. We became best friends almost exactly 6 years ago and on Saturday I watched her get married.
Friday was actually Kelly's birthday. We went and got our nails done and ate a delicious lunch at P.F. Changs. Later that night we reunited at her Grandparent's house for cake and ice cream. It was nice to be with the Larsens again. I just love that family. I spent almost all free time at their house. Once, Lauren and I spent that night at their house because we knew they were driving home from Utah and would be there at like 3 a.m. It was my second home all through high school.
Saturday was the big day and can I just tell you how made for each other they are?! Oh my gosh. He completely adores her. They walked out of the temple and there was this excitement and peace all at the same time. So much happiness. Kelly looked beautiful. Her dress was stunning. We jumped around and took pictures at the temple for awhile and then we went to a chapel for a lunch.
During the lunch we watched the slideshow Eric put together. At the end there was a special little message for Jason and Kelly. Andy had recorded a little video message for the bride and groom. It was absolutely adorable and everyone enjoyed seeing some Andy. The lunch was delicious. Apples with caramelized goat cheese (interesting but I actually enjoyed it). Pasta and breadsticks. Salad. Artichoke dip. I mean - all the essentials.
Then it was off to the reception hall. I think it was called the Ivy Mansion and it was simple and beautiful. They had it decorated so nicely. It was just fun just sitting in the brides room, all the girls, talking. So many people came to see Kelly and Jason. I never really got emotional until I watched them drive away. I don't know what it was...but it all just came out then. He was taking Kelly. She has moved on to the next stage in her life and I am so happy for the two of them and I really look forward to getting to know Jason better.

<<<----This is us...we did everything together. Every Friday night was spent at Killer Pizza. We plotted and we conquered together. John got home from his mission just in time for the wedding and it was an exciting reunion.

No comments: