Tuesday, November 18, 2008

missions

So, I am not writing to tell you all that I am going on a mission (not saying it isn't something I am thinking about right now), but rather to try and describe the strange sensation of being a 20 year old LDS girl.

My closest friends left about two years ago and starting this Thanksgiving season until summer, they will all begin to come home. While they have been away, I have become good friends with those around me. Now it is time for these friends to go serve the Lord for 2 years. 3 of my favorite people enter the MTC on Wednesday and one came home last Wednesday. I went to both a farewell and homecoming on Sunday. There is so much excitement about all the coming and going, but then there is this anxiousness left for me...how long will it take for my friendships to be as comfortable and normal as they were before my friends left 2 years ago?

Andy - He is a brother to me. I met him while he was just a little freshman and I was his sister's best friend. She left us early for BYU and while she was gone Andy and I began the greatest swim team at MHHS and have a love for each other that is often found only in siblings. He will be serving the Lord for 2 years in Canada!

Chris - Who knew we could grow up in the same stake and take so long to become friends?! The summer before my freshman year we met. Oh what a crush. We have since spent summers and breaks together. He is a fabulous kid who really knows what he is doing. He told me the summer after my freshman year that he was going to go on a mission when he felt ready. Brazil is lucky to get Elder Jones!

Drew - I could easily write an ENTIRE blog on Drew. We met freshman year - one of the greatest stories I have. A pick up line gone wrong and a boy too nice to let the poor girl make the mistake again. We did have a period where other girls came inbetween us, but as of about a year ago, we have been as close as they come. He is my best friend and I have seen him grow so much. He has such an excitement for the mission - I know he will do amazing things. AND he gets to serve in Chile...the mission my aunt and uncle live in!

Tim - Tim just got home. His best friend (JOHN) moved into my ward while we were just kids and that led to the bringing together of me and Tim. He was one of the first to leave and is now home. I sure hope he is ready for the bombardement of Tati and Lauren as we come back together to bring back our old KPFM crew.

2 comments:

Jess said...

you definitely should go on a mission your amazing!

Meagan said...

amen sister. life as a 20-year-old lds girl is proving to be quite confusing. hopefully it will be over soon...like when we're 21. :) love you and hope you're having a wonderful thanksgiving at home!