Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home SWEET Home











Last Thursday was the start of my favorite road trip quite possibly ever. It was so needed and was better than I expected.
We didn't leave from Provo until almost 4. It was the greatest road trip group - Me, Aubrey, Alison, and the lucky Todd. Since Alison lives in Rancho Cucamonga we stopped there Thursday night and went costume shopping Friday morning. Friday Jackie drove from La Verne to hang out with us in Rancho. Oh how I miss Jackie - it was great to see her.
Ana, Alison's sister, joined us for Friday's activities. We made it back to San Marcos around 1:15. I love getting of at Deer Springs and just taking in how beautiful San Marcos really is. The drive is just not pretty through Murrieta and Temecula so when you come up to the hills of Fallbrook - you know you are almost home. The anticipation makes that the longest leg of the drive.
Once we made it home we cave my family hugs and then we were off for lunch at Mr. Taco. All of my friends from home - take advantage of the Mexican food you have. It's not nearly as good in Utah...After Mr. Taco we picked Hannah up from school (so very exciting) and ran home to be greated by Joe teaching my dog to swim. Apparently he told Woody to get in and Woody is just really good at listening. We sat by the pool, the girls on one side, boys on the other. Typical...AND THEN the boys started getting us wet. A water fight broke out and Porter was punished with kisses.
Before long all the road trippers were out - Aubrey even napping on the floor! By 6:30 we were eating the yummy pasta mom made and getting all ready for the Halloween BOAT DANCE! in the San Diego Harbor. 2 fairies, a queen bee, and a modern snow white. We were adorable and the dance was a blast. We were dancing to our new favorite song (move move shake shake now drop drop drop) when the dj said, "Hey! This is DJ Ryan D...." Ryan D!?! My friend over summer and San Diego's greatest DJ came down from Utah too!
Saturday we spent all morning at the beach and I honestly think this may have been better than the beach weather I saw all summer (that might be just because I was so excited to get out of the Provo cold!). The water was cold - but not unbearable and I had no trouble getting in. There wasn't a breeze to freeze us when we got out either. The sun felt warm and I even got a tan line!
The beach was followed by a quick stop at pei wei and a run through Nordstrom rack for some cute bright blue shoes. After this we rushed to the McMaster's where we tried to enjoy some BYU football. We won...that's about all I have to say about that game.
Saturday night everyone came over and we just hung around my house like we always do. The jacuzzi was on and we enjoyed each other's company.

I love home. And I get to go back for Thanksgiving break in...15 days and counting!

1 comment:

Christene said...

Enjoy home for us! We will dearly miss it this holiday season. And just think, a couple of days after you get home from Thanksgiving break our new little one will be here! Please tell your family hi for us!