Tuesday, November 18, 2008

momma

You know those days when you have so much floating around in your head? I can't focus on school and it is because I just have so much to say.

My mom came out to Utah this weekend. Michelle (mommy's sister) just moved from her little townhouse in Provo to this beautiful, gorgeous, unique house in Draper. Michelle flew mom out to help her decorate, move furniture, and make the house hers. I spent Friday to Monday commuting between Provo and Draper and trying to be social in between. It was a great weekend.

I left work a little early on Friday to run back to Michelle's house and shower. Michelle picked me up and we drove out to the airport to get mom. What a happy reunion. I, of course, kept us on a time limit. My boys had their first real basketball game of the season! I just had to be back to watch Cummard show Long Beach what's up. We had a quick dinner together and I sped back to Provo (always safely though!). I was so late to the game so when I got there and found my friends in the FRONT ROW I was beyond pumped. I had let Jesse McCartney keep my mind busy on the drive there and then shouted like I have never shouted at a basketball game.
Following the game was one of the greatest dance parties I have been to in a long time. Oh we danced and we danced and we danced.

Saturday I woke up super early and headed back to Draper for some good house shopping. IKEA, Tai Pan, Gardener's Village, we saw it all! There are some really great things out there right now. Michelle's house is going to be beautiful. The one drawback in all of this was the cute young families. Oh my chunky babies, everywhere! I know my mom saw it and she is just as baby hungry as me. So cute. After all the shopping Michelle took us to Cucina Toscana. Absolutely DELICIOUS. I wasn't able to stay with them for a very long time (I was meeting Aubrey for the Real Salt Lake game...) but enjoyed a few diet Cokes and a great ceasar salad. Mom brought my leftovers home for an after game snack :)

I spent the night with Mom and Michelle on Saturday and woke mom up early Sunday morning so she could accompany me to a farewell and homecoming. What a Sunday it was. After saying goodbye and welcome home to two of my favorite boys, we went back to Michelle's place to get ready for all the family that was coming down for dinner. Lyman and Lorena brought the entire gang. Alex was driving through Utah and decided to stay and eat dinner with his family. And of course Grandma and Grandpa were there. Lorena made the most fabulous pizzas I have ever eaten in my life. Grilled onions, palm hearts, artichoke hearts, mozerella, olives, bell peppers, yum yum yum. Mom and her siblings all got together - an attempt to take a good picture. All I could hear was laughing as they enjoyed being together. I think mom laughed so hard that she was crying.

I love my family.

It was hard saying goodbye to Mom on Monday, but she only reminded me that I would see her again on Friday. That's only 3 days away!

1 comment:

Christene said...

Boy you make me tired. Glad I'm not a college student anymore, I couldn't keep up! Tell your mom Hi for me. I miss her.