Wednesday, November 12, 2008

power of pictures

This week - in all of the free time that I don't have - I have looked at picture after picture. I have searched through all my boxes of pictures as well as the many many many that I have collected on my computer. There hasn't been anything in particular that I am hoping to find, I just enjoy the emotions caught in every memory.
I can't believe how things have changed since the time I was the 2 year old, big-lipped, little girl with stick straight, dark hair, styled in the ever fashionable bob cut. My hair has since returned to the bob (who would have ever thought I'd cut my beautiful long hair?!) and I am a JUNIOR at BYU!
So far, all major goals in my life have been accomplished and I am studying Special Education - something that brings me so much happiness.



Then Kelsey begins to appear in the pictures with her round face and her arched eyebrows that left her looking like she was in a constant state of surprise. She was my best friend then and is my best friend now. It's fun now that we are both semi on our own and we really bounce things off each other. I call her almost daily and together we laugh at how ridiculously good looking mom is - a ridiculously good looking trait that she has passed on to us, her beautiful girls :)






Before long, in comes the blue eyed beauty. Syd has grown up faster than any of us. I remember fighting over her when she was the baby. I never wanted to let her go. Oh and how she could dance....She would roll around on the floor, jump straight up, flail her arms and be back on the floor doing aerobics again. She went from 7 to 14 over night, only when I was 14, I looked 14. She is gorgeous and mom and dad are fighting boys off of her left and right. She can text faster than us all put together and can get through and around facebook like no one I know.




Porter was as round and chunky as they come. I don't know how I ever picked him up at the young age of 8...I must have had some really nice arms. He is my weakness. I love everything about that boy and thanks to him, all my children will be as round as can be. He is a total boy living in a house of girls and every time I am home the entire deacon quorum is over creating chaos.





Now, Hannah is our fashion diva. This started from the beginning when I, the lucky 12 year old, got to test my make up skills on a 2 year old! I would give her a little mascara here and there and oh how she loved lip gloss. Today she is turning old skirts into dresses that she'll wear to church. She can take any hand-me-down, make it fit, and look adorable.

I love them and I cannot wait to go home...8 days!

3 comments:

thorkgal said...

What a sweet tribute to your family.
I hope you updated T'Jaes info...elderthorkelson.blogspot.com it's much easier to manage and add pictures.

Have a good day. Your awesome!

Chris said...

Tati - that was so sweet! & I cannot beleive how everyone has grown up --- In my mind it is you that is 14 - & syd is just a little thing! too weird -- You are such a good girl! have fun with your fam!!!

Unknown said...

How did it go from "ridiculous" to "ridiculously good looking"--haha, you my dear,are a funny girl!! You must want something really big this Christmas...