Sunday, December 7, 2008

Spirit of the Holidays

I know this is more than a week late - but my Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was probably my most relaxing break yet and I spent most of my time at home. We had both Wilsons and Thorkelsons at the house for Thanksgiving dinner...meaning our house was almost overflowing and we loved every minute of it. Grandpa makes the best bread and stuffing while the Thorkelsons have the best jello and yummy sweet potatoes. Two of my cousins have recently had babies and everyone was waiting for a turn with Emily or Evrick. Really just a special holiday.
And after all Thanksgiving festivities everyone prepares for Christmas. I was driving through San Marcos just the next day and I saw houses already covered in their lights and blow up santas. Christmas is my favorite. There is that special spirit and the Christmas music - oh how I love Christmas music. I remember one year Porter was obsessed with The Little Drummer Boy, but only Harry Connick's version. We played it everytime he got in the car with me.

11 days until Christmas Break!

No comments: