Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another semester ends

It seems the further along I get in school, the faster it starts to go and it just isn't fair. The further you go, the more fun it is. School is finally enjoyable. Sure, I stress - but that is just part of who I am and I never said that what I was doing is was easy. But, I would leave class knowing that I am supposed to be a special ed teacher and that is an indescribable feeling.

One of my favorite professors left us all in tears as she showed us this music video. I had never seen it before and I am not a fan of country music in any way, but this video (although super cheesy at times) has the greatest message. I can't wait to help my students reach their potential and encourage them to go for their dreams.

There is such a special spirit about these amazing kids. There is no doubt that they are filled with the light of Christ. Brandon, the sweet boy in this video, smiles at the beginning and he has your heart from that moment on. Now, I am not doing this to make all of you who see this want to go into Special Education - but I want you to just catch a glimpse of the love and happiness that comes with working next to them.

No comments: