Sunday, June 5, 2016

the { w e d d i n g }

my best friend got married!

There aren't words to describe how happy this wedding has made me. Aubrey has been my go-to girl since my byu days. She has been my best friend, wingman, dancing partner, my crazy let's camp out for basketball games friend, my let's watch the game friend, the quarterback on the only intramural team I played on, the friend willing to come and meet (and love) my students, the person I turn to about everything, (in fact, she is on her honeymoon right now and I already have a list of things I am dying to tell her...) and Rooney's aunt.

Aubrey and Preston's relationship started nearly 10 years ago and I have been able to witness the whole thing. From their first day our freshman year, to letters over the mission, soooo many dates, and finally true love! In fact, I have rooted for Preston for a long time. I couldn't be happier to see them fall so in love.

Everything about Friday was perfect. Aubrey looked beautiful and absolutely radiant. It is obvious how happy he makes her. Preston was (emotional) and so very smitten by her. I am a big fan of them together - if I haven't said that already.

Their special day was one of the most magical and dreamy that I have ever seen. A wonderful celebration of true love!


 off to catch the subway for wedding day brunch

rosa mexicano with some of my favorites. ps. if you are in nyc, you definitely have to eat here! 

so in love

 our first picture with the new MRS. DARGER!

 aubrey & her ladies + josh

 long live virginia 6 and all of our traditions

 the best cheernastics picture we have ever taken

 have I told you guys how much this girl means to me? I am constantly overwhelmed by all of her goodness, her willingness to love, serve, and give, and simply by the fact that she is my best friend! 



 levains between all the festivities (as if i hadn't had enough sweets yet - all I can think is, thankfully, we were walking about 25,000 steps a day).


we're on a boat!

 if we were to have a sitcom, it would be a must watch, and this would be our picture

 I've always hoped for Aubrey to marry someone I got along with, that Ashton would become friends with - so to watch her marry Preston, someone I have called a dear friend for several years now, was a dream come true. I love you both! Today was wonderful, beautiful, perfect.



 the city never looked so good

 time square + all the lights

I can't believe the new york adventure is over. It was a wonderful few days spent with people I love celebrating one of the greatest loves I've seen.

1 comment:

aubrey said...

ok this made me tear up - i can't thank you enough for coming, for listening to me ramble, for always checking in, for being my best fraaand! it was seriously the best day of my life because you were there. love you so much chachsky!!!!