Saturday, June 4, 2016

new york city! day 1

10 years ago this August, I met Aubrey and our friendship started. I have probably written about her in this blog more than anyone else (except for maybe Ashton and Rooney). Let's just say she is my very best friend and has been a huge influence on my life and I really love her.

This past week, we flew out to New York because she got married!!! We caught the redeye Monday night and Tuesday was spent walking nearly 28,000 steps. Ashton had never been to the city before so, obviously, we had a lot to do.


 Grand Central Station

 After this picture was taken, we immediately walked down and devoured Shake Shack.

 Walking through Time Square (side note: I actually like it better during the day than at night...)

 Bethesda Fountain. All I could think about was The Golem and the Jinni. If you haven't read it yet, do yourself a favor and go check it out now.

 Bethesda Terrace - I know the pictures don't show it, but we really walked all over Central Park. 
So. Much. Walking.

 Visiting the Bride to Be. The highlight of our first day. Gosh, I just love her.

This was one of my favorite parts of the museum. I remember 9/11 so clearly and this quote was so perfect. Each of the 2,983 blue squares represents the color of the sky on that fateful day.

 9/11 memorial

 We had just gotten out of the museum and I was still pretty overwhelmed with emotions.

Chase played our Tour Guide all day. It was a blast! And we were so glad Shelby was able to join us for the 9/11 museum.

We then took the 1 up to Natalie's house and Natalie, Aubrey, and I stayed up late chatting. It was just like the good old days.

1 comment:

aubrey said...

just catching up on your blog - OMG THAT PHOTO WITH THE GRAND CENTRAL CHANDALIERS!!! i'm still so sad i couldn't be with you on every part of this trip!!!!