Wednesday, June 8, 2016

rainbow babies

I just posted this video on facebook. It is about rainbow babies - a baby born after any form of pregnancy loss. Obviously, I have posted quite a bit about my experiences with miscarriages a lot lately, as it has had a huge impact on my life.

I write these posts and then quickly try to follow them up, hide them, between  happier posts. I don't want people feeling bad. I especially don't want my friends who are expecting to be afraid to say something. I am truly happy for you as I know these babies are miracles.

Posting on facebook made me realize that these aren't posts I should hide. I want to change the way we talk about loss. Not everyone is the same, but I have come to find that the healing process is easier as you grieve with people. Part of my grieving process was writing my posts.

So, here are my posts dedicated to pregnancy loss, if you are interested in reading through them. I have many others where I mention my miscarraiges, but these are the ones that I really put a lot of time and thought into.

- loss

- more on pregnancy loss

The end of the video is dedicated to parents who have experienced such heartache, but I love how he also says, "This video is dedicated to...rainbow babies who have taught us that the sun shines brightest after the rain." Rooney is definitely my sunshine.

Photos of her being sunshine:





No comments: