Tuesday, March 17, 2015

38 weeks.

baby girl is due in two weeks! march 31st finally, sort of, feels close.

that means things like:

- a few days ago, I squatted to clean Thor's face and tore one of my two pairs of maternity pants. super cool.

- my feet are so swollen. my ankles have disappeared.

- nesting. as much as i can anyway. (i am always tired and have to put my feet up as much as possible in an attempt to keep them from turning into sausages)

- i am running out of time to make sure i have everything ready for maternity leave at work! 6 weeks of sub planning is quite the chore - especially when you teach 5 different classes everyday.

- i had three baby showers in one week and we were spoiled rotten. she will be the best dressed bundle of love ever.

- our nursery is finally beginning to look like a nursery and it is adorable!

- i had a cough for at least 10 days. coughing + pregnancy did not mean good things for my poor bladder.

- songs like "my girl" and "baby mine" make me cry.

- getting dressed every morning is the biggest chore. lifting my legs to put on pants is a joke. trying to put shoes on is impossible. 

- pregnancy brain is for real. and it is bad.

- even if i think i got a good nights sleep - my body says otherwise. i can hardly keep my eyes open.

- the waddle.


One of my students lovingly asked what I have been calling baby girl while she is in my belly. When I told him I normally just call her baby girl, he said, "You should call her meatball." It has stuck in my classroom and I regularly get asked how Meatball is doing. I love it. I also love how excited they are for her to get here. They started counting down the days until her due date.

So, little prayers that the next 14 days go by fast or that she decides she wants to meet us before that.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Once when I was that pregnant I went to work without a bra. At 9 months pregnant it wasn't pretty. Another time I was that pregnant I had pneumonia and would cough so hard I would throw up and pee my pants at the same time. Not pretty. ALMOST THERE!

Madi said...

yayayayayay!!!!

KickButtMommy said...

AND 24 HOURS LATER SHE WAS IN YOUR ARMS!