Monday, June 11, 2012

My Melanie

My years in Provo were so good for me - it was there that I have met some of the most wonderful people in the world.

Melanie is one of them.  And I would like to wish her a very happy birthday!


Mel and I were in the same ward for four months before basketball brought us together.  For real - I chalk it all up to BYU basketball. We met during the 09 season and my life was changed forever.  It is actually a cute story....
So one day, I was sitting by the tent that Aubrey and I were attempting to man between just the two of us.  A cute boy walked by, in shock at how many tents were already up.  I saw the opportunity and snagged it (I asked him if he wanted to join our group).  We started the get to know you talk and when I told him that I lived in Chatsworth, he asked if I knew one of his friends, Mel.  I didn't know her and figured she must not live there, because I thought I knew everyone in my ward by now.  I was wrong.  He brought Melanie back to help us in our camping and it was instant friendship that was able to carry through so much more than just basketball.  She became a part of my everyday life.

Here are just a few reason why I keep her around:

Mel can dance like no one else.  She has a voice that melts your heart.  She is a fiercely loyal friend who loves with everything she has.  She is one of the most thoughtful girls ever.  One of my favorite roommates because she was always leaving cute sticky notes on your mirror and pillow.  She is grateful and express that often.  She is down to earth and will never judge a person.  In fact, she will give people more chances than they probably deserve.  I love conversations with her.  She is a great travel buddy.  Her sense of humor gets me laughing all of the time.  She has a kind heart.  A wonderful sense of style. Mad camera skills. And an amazing ability to steal all your NBA dream crushes.

Mel gets me through it all.  She was the first to call me after we found out Porter had cancer.  That, and so many of her other acts of kindness, will never be forgotten.  She has touched my heart and made me a better person.



Lately, I have been using my lack of cable and the NBA playoffs to visit her and it has been wonderful.  I cherish my adventures with this lovely lady and look forward to the many more we have coming - including a trip to NYC in 15 days!

Happy happy HAPPY birthday Melanie!

Love,

Me and my boyfriend...


3 comments:

Mel said...

Ahhh! Tati I may or may not be tearing up at my desk right this very moment! I am honored that you would do this! By far one of the sweetest and touching things anyone has done for me! I hope you know how much I love you and how forever grateful that you decided to talk to that cute boy! My life has never been the same since!! I.LOVE.YOU.SOOO.MUCH!!

Jen said...

This post makes me so happy! You girls are seriously my favorite...and all those things you said about Mel...totally true. I second it. She taught me how to really use my hips when dancing :) I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH! Happy birthday Mel!

Rosie said...

She is amazing and wonderful! Love you both very much!