Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Craziness

This is the first time I have opened my laptop for maybe a month.  I guess that's what happens when you have been busy, traveling, and have an iphone.


Last weekend was Kelsey and Scott's open house down in San Marcos.  That meant another California road trip for me and Aaron.  I don't think I will ever get sick of making that drive with him.  It also was a drive back and for that we brought Hannah and Joe.  They slept - and I don't know how.




 It was wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends to celebrate some more.  It was especially great to see Sonia and Cerae.  I know that I have mentioned them before, but I just absolutely adore these girls.  They have taught me more about myself than anyone else ever could.  They are the reason I am in Special Education.  I have known them since my junior year of high school.  We have kept in touch over the years and they have become some of my very closest friends.  I also love the way my family loves them.  They went out of their way on this busy night to spend time with these girls.  Sydney particularly stood out.  She is at that age where friends are more important than anyone else (and I know that we have all been there).  About halfway into the open house I saw her leave her ginormous circle of friends, many of whom she hadn't seen for months, to come spend the rest of the night with me and the girls.  She was so easy and fun with them.  She took Cerae to the bathroom. She made sure they were laughing.  It was the best way to spend the night.

With Joe in town for a few days we tried to have some fun.  We went up the Alpine slide in Park City on Wednesday afternoon.  Wednesday night we went to the Provo Beach Resort and did the rope course.  Have I ever told you that I am terrified of heights?! The rope course was sort of a joke for me and my whole body was tired from holding onto everything as tight as I could!

1 comment:

aubrey said...

i can't believe how LOOOONG your hair is getting! loove it! also can you please blog more? I feel like I don't even know anything about your life these days! :) xo!