Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Sister's Wedding

I am just a little behind on my blogging...that's an understatement. So much has happened!!! Most importantly, my sweet sister and best friend, Kelsey, married the love of her life.

They tied the knot last Saturday (and I am currently driving to California for her open house in San Marcos). She looked stunning and I have never seen her so happy. Plus she married one amazing man. Scott became a part of our family as soon as they started dating. He fits right in and I am pretty sure he loves being with us :)

It was a perfect day for a wedding. The sun was shining and there was even a rainbow to start the reception! Oh the park was set up so beautifully. Mom made beautiful bundt cakes for each table and Kelsey's sister in law made the most beautiful flower arrangements. There were lots of yummy treats thanks to aunts and cousins and Kelsey even got a donut cake from her work (that was really cute). And a sweet lady in my parent's ward made a beautiful wedding cake.

The reception was laid back and casual, perfect. Lots of friends from San Marcos came and that made it so much more meaningful. Cheryl and Michelle bought fireworks that they shot off after Kelsey and Scott cut their cake. Then it was all party from there. Dancing and sparklers.

Can I say again that is was a perfect day.

No comments: