Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I love my MOM

Happy Birthday to my mom.


She is the greatest.  I know every child says that about their mom, but mine is special because she is really the greatest.  I talk to her at the very least, once a day.  Most of the time it is more than once.  I call on my way to work.  On my way home from work.  On my way to the grocery store.  At the grocery store.  When I am walking to church then as I am walking home.  When I can't make a decision.  When some boy drives me crazy.  When I am frustrated.  When I am happy.  Before basketball games.  After basketball games.  Told you we talk a lot.  She is my best friend.  I tell her everything.

I know I have used the same pictures every year (twice every year - Mother's day and her birthday!), but these are a few of my favorites...






And just between you and me, I actually LOVE having her here in Utah.  I can go see her for half an hour and it's not a big deal.  I can go spend the weekend at home and if someone calls to do something, I am back to hang out in half an hour.  Then she is here to save me whenever I need it.

For example - she has come on all of my field trips.  Best example though, happened last week...on Thursday to be exact.  I was fixing one of my student's shoes.  School was getting out in 15 minutes.  I stood up after working on the shoe and got some serious head rush going on.  Within a few minutes I was starting to see funny.  Then I had a stripe going through my vision and I really could not see.  I had to call her and tell her I was scared to drive.  She offered to pick me up, but then we had the issue of what to do with my car.  She recruited dad so that he could bring her to me and she could drive me and my car back to their house.  Then she made me breakfast the next morning and let me wear some of her cute brand new clothes to work.

She is amazing.  I couldn't ask for a better mother.  The best part is how much I know she loves me.  I am not saying that in a bragging way.  It is more that I am so grateful to be loved, to know what it feels like to be loved and to know that no matter what, she will always love me.

Thank you mom.  I love you so much, so so so much.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Your mom really is so awesome. I miss your family! MOVE BACK!!!!