Friday, December 10, 2010

mi familia en guadalajara

When I started this blog in the spring of 2008, I was a sophomore at BYU doing a study abroad in Guadalajara.  It has been over two years since then and I have come a long way, but I will forever cherish the time that I spent there.

Last night I had a dream that has left me thinking about them, especially about my "Mexican dad", Guillermo.  Guillermo was wonderful to me and Nat and we instantly grew attached to him.  He loved that I was Argentine and often spoke to me using lots of hand motions and in perfect castellano.


In my dream, I was in Guadalajara with my family.  We were at some type of meeting and when we left the building, I walked down to the end of the street.  I looked around and recognized it to be the street that Yolanda and Guillermo lived on.  I turned around and started to run back to their house.  I could see Guillermo walking out to the curb, taking the trash out.  He saw me and I could hear him say "Tati!"  I ran into his arms and we cried.  It was a happy cry, a dream cry that has left me emotional all day.''

So, I have contacted my director and gotten their address.  I cannot wait to write to them and see how they are doing.  I have thought about them all day.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

WAHOOOOO! happy happy post! love it! let me know if you do write them! and end me that addy! thanks love! you are the best! missing you! ;)