Saturday, December 4, 2010

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

1.  We had our first snow fall earlier this week.  As much as I dislike the snow, the way my kids are so excited to play in it, makes me happy.  It actually sort of makes me want to run around, make snow angels, and snowmen, and ice forts. Even though it is freezing out there, they always want to go outside for recess.  I don't know what it is, but it's helped me enjoy it a little more.  Yes, I still really hate driving in it, but maybe I can learn to play in it this winter.

2. O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree.  Alex and I went and picked up our Christmas tree at Smith's on Thursday night.  Such a good buy!  It looks beautiful in our apartment and it has made the whole place smell wonderful.  Picking it up was some adventure.  We had the little boy from Smith's help us get it to the car.  We went out to pick it and of course the beautiful, big, thick one I wanted was right in the middle of all the other trees.  He was a good sport about it and even showed off a little for Alex and I by picking it up and throwing it over his head.  I so wish we had had a camera to get a picture of it.  I asked Kendrick to come help us move it from the car into our apartment.  We had a few light dilemmas but finally fixed them and today it was decorated.  I love coming home to it.


3.  Christmas Music.  I cannot stop listening to it.  Nothing beats Bing Crosby, Carpenters, and Harry Connick Jr.  I love it.

4. Christmas Movies!  The old classics.  White Christmas, Holiday Inn, It's a Wonderful Life.  I could watch these everyday of the month of December.

But, can you believe it is already this time of year?  With the talk of Christmas comes talk of New Years.  2010 has just flown by.

No comments: