Monday, June 1, 2009

summertime

This has already been my most interesting summer. It's like another really fun semester rather than a summer. It took awhile, but I am really starting to enjoy it. Summer for the last five years of my life has always been working the coolest job, spending ALL day in the sun and then going to the beach for bonfires every night. Now...I am here, in Utah (where it gets amazingly HOT), working, taking classes, and soon to be semi-mini student teaching three days a week. I am serious when I say I am busy. Tuesday through Thursday I leave at 7 and get home at 7. Then I have tons of homework that I will have to get through too. Lovely huh?

But before U
tah gets too hot, I have really been impressed at how beautiful it can be. My ward is constantly playing games outside. We have BBQ's and watch movies. Four square has become a favorite game.

Soccer has started and Real Salt Lake games have become a fabulous summer activity thanks to Aubrey and her family! Then there is the NBA playoffs. Aubrey left me for New York and an internship just a little over a week ago - but basketball has kept me busy for a good amount of my evenings alone. GO LAKERS!! It also reminds me of last summer when I was in Mexico. We spent a few nights searching for a place to watch the games. It's so easy now to just turn on my TV and, click, there is the game!

Another summer plus - all my freshman friends start coming home from their missions! I have to admit, it is a little crazy. There have been about 3 already and it's weird to see that they still have three years of school ahead of themselves when here I am, just about done. It should be fun anyway!

Best part for me is that my SUMMER MUSIC has finally come out. This is the only time when it is cool to drive through the streets of Provo blasting LFO, Backstreet Boy, N'Sync and the like. And you better believe I blast it. Kelsey get's so ridiculously embarrassed that it makes me turn it up even louder :)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I suppose I'm a blog stalker, because there's no way I would have found you without using facebook to find Elyssa's blog first. Only one year left--can you believe it? Are any of the guys coming to BYU for the summer or will you not see them till fall? I miss BYU... Sending you my love!
-Tasha (Mar) Blomstedt, your fav RA!