Friday, June 5, 2009

Samantita's graduation


So I just got back from spending the evening with my family in Bountiful. We went to Samantha's graduation ceremony and then out for dinner. It was fabulously fun!
The ceremony was very formal and we were reminded that this was a ceremony, not a celebration. They even played Harry Potter, Fiddler on the Roof, Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, and many more surprising songs in the background as they called up the graduates. It was a little interesting. My favorite part though...there was a young man with Down Syndrome who went to go accept his diploma. Everyone loved him. He kept throwing gang signs and when it came time to take the picture with his diploma and the principal or whoever was handing it to him, he stood in front of him in one of his stunner poses. I couldn't help but cry. Everyone was so proud of him. I was proud of him and I don't even know his name. I guess that is why I am creating my life around these wonderful children.
Sami looked beautiful, of course. I am so glad I was able to go spend the evening with family. We went to dinner at Bucca de Beppo and laughed, laughed, laughed. Our waiter was from Mexico City and so everything was in Spanish. I loved it. We ate, ate, and ate. I will be stuffed for the next day and a half.

I love my family. I love what I am studying. I love it all.


****Mom, Michelle, and Lorena are in Vegas with Grandma for her birthday. She just realized she is staying in the same hotel where Julio Iglesias is playing in concert today and tomorrow. Little does she know that she is going to see him tomorrow!!!

No comments: