Monday, May 18, 2009

Ramblings on life and the last year

I have been thinking a lot lately just about life in general. It flies by so fast and there is so much that I have not taken time to appreciate until it's too late. I started this blog approximately a year ago, while I was studying in Mexico. I cannot believe that it has been a year. It is an experience I think about all of the time, especially since it is summer again. Provo is fun in the summer, but with work and school it is nothing like my previous summers.
Basically, the more that I have thought about Mexico and all of the things I have done since then, I am amazed at all that has happened in a year. I have had three of my very best friends get married. I started the special ed program only in September and now I just have an internship left. I got an internship that I am so excited about - a huge and exciting commitment for the next year of my life. I have had three jobs - lifeguarding, para at Dan Peterson, and secretary in the SAB - all of which I have loved. I have moved into a new and amazing ward. I have made so many new friends both in my program and those in my ward. I could keep going from roadtrips home to football to basketball to near death experiences in Vegas.
I am just so grateful for life. For the experiences I have gone through and for all the little things that have become a part of my life.
Recently, I was put in a hard spot and my decision would greatly change a good friend's life and I hope that it will change it for the better. I have been thinking about it all day. I wish I had the words to really describe how I feel. We all get off track. We all lose a little but that does not mean we can't start winning again. I know that we can choose to be optimistic and rise to each challenge that we are faced with or we can just let life happen to us. Life is not going to just happen to me. Look at what I have done in the last year! I might not know what is in my future, but I do know that I will take it and run with it no matter how hard and I will make it into something more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your attitude honey! It's what endears you to so many. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!

Alison Rae said...

i <3 you so much!

thorkgal said...

Atta girl!!! Life is crazy isn't it?