Friday, May 15, 2020

ramona's pregnancy

as with every pregnancy, i am very hesitant after the positive test.

i got very sick around 5 weeks - i am pretty sure it was a few days long stomach bug, but it then led right into the worst morning sickness i have had so far. it is nothing compared to what some go through but ugh, it was awful and lasted until after 20 weeks.

then, at 12 weeks, just before gus's second birthday, my parents came to visit. i started bleeding. i was beside myself, sure i was miscarrying. i couldn't get out of bed. i couldn't stop crying. it was a saturday, so we set up an appointment for monday. the bleeding came heavy and then would stop. then it would appear again.

i had an ultrasound that monday, but everything looked fine! baby was busy. they told me it was probably a subchorionic hemorrhage, though they couldn't find the tear. because they couldn't see where the blood had come from, they told me that was probably the last of it.



of course, it wasn't. and i was back in the doctors office a few days later. baby was just fine and my obgyn told me that the blood obviously wasn't bothering my baby. she also told me that this didn't mean i would miscarry and that i could keep doing what i was doing - baby was growing and i had two babies at home who still needed me. i appreciated her point of view, she is very much it is all in God's hand type, but i need to know i am doing everything i can to protect my baby. so, after consulting some friends, i decided to take it easy. i was on a modified bedrest and i kept bleeding until 17 weeks. and baby started kicking hard enough for me to feel around 14 weeks, which was very reassuring.



at 20 weeks, we went in for the anatomy scan. everything looked great. baby was healthy, strong, and growing.

AND we decided not to find out the gender. ashton was not a big fan of this at the beginning. he really wanted to know, but i knew that if he had found out, there would definitely have been a slip up. i have to admit - some days not knowing was really hard, but overall i HIGHLY recommend it. because, it was so worth it.


1 comment:

Ange Bendixsen said...

I love reading about this, your journey, your courage and strength. Thank you for sharing!