Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Shaving Challenge.

For those who know me well, as well as those who have gone on any trip with me....

I have to shave my legs daily.  I will admit that shaving is my OCD.

I like to blame this on the fact that I was a swimmer, but that isn't the real truth.  Daily shaving is something that I have done since I first picked up a razor.  My leg hair is dark and grows faster than anyone I know - I think it is a curse.  I have friends and sisters who will go weeks, if not months, without shaving.  I can't even sleep with prickly legs.  If I don't get the chance to shave in the morning, my day is shot!  I am self conscious and all I want to do is go home and shave. It is a routine that has become a part of my life...until I started with this magic called laser hair removal.

Laser hair removal and I became acquainted a few months ago, but today was the first treatment on my lower legs.  It feels like you are being flicked with a fiery hot rubber band over and over and over again.  I am miserable the whole time.  Let me tell you that I pretty much have zero tolerance for pain.  I always thought I was tough, but the lady lasering my leg hairs was laughing at my flinches and scrunched faces the whole time.  She was shocked (and maybe a little impressed) at all of my thick, dark hair - a trait I like to blame on my Italian Argentine blood.

The worst news came when it was over...

I can't shave my legs for a week.  I don't know if I will survive!  Please note that laser doesn't mean you walk out with smooth legs.  In fact, I am prickly already!  I can't even think about it right now or else I won't get to sleep.

The only good thing about this being over is that I am one step closer to never shaving my legs again.

I may or may not be saying a few little prayers that the weather takes a turn so I can wear leggings/tights everyday for the next week.

No comments: