Friday, May 18, 2012

sad

Yesterday, while mom and I were on our way back from buying stuff for my class BBQ and talent show, she got a phone call.

I could hear Sydney crying...

One of her closest friends from San Marcos had passed away.  From what I understand, he had had a seizure while playing basketball during 6th period.

Mom and I headed to Syd's work.  When I went to hug her, I could feel the pain in her heart and then I was crying with her because I know what it feels like to loose a friend.  I had flashbacks of the night Robi passed away - still one of the hardest nights of my life.

I didn't know Anthony, but he was obviously loved by everyone.  Syd had the best things to say about him.  He seemed to light up Mission Hills and could get everyone to laugh.  It was heartbreaking to watch her tell Dad who loved Anthony as well.  Here is an article that a newspaper in San Diego has on him.

How blessed I am to know that there is life after death, that our Heavenly Father created the Plan of Salvation so that we could return to live with Him again.  We can take comfort knowing that Anthony, Robi, and all of our loved ones who have passed on are truly in a better place.  Though, with the peace we can find there, it doesn't mean death doesn't bring sadness.

My heart goes out to the family and friends on Anthony.  I am sorry for that hole you are feeling in your hearts.  The pain of losing someone so young and so suddenly is almost unbearable.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

To the Sundells - I still think of your Robi everyday.  I love you guys.

No comments: