Sunday, May 13, 2012

my mom

I have one amazing mom.



There are no words to adequately describe her.  No words to express the love that I have for her.  She is my example.  She loves with all of her heart.  She believes and lives to show how much she believes.  She has raised four pretty great girls and one of the strongest, bravest boys in the whole world.  She fights with us - especially now.  She never complains and she has every right to.  She takes the trials with stride and gives all of us the support we are looking for.  She loves my dad and we know it.  She loves us and we are told that everyday.

Mother's Day 2011

Every other Friday, Porter goes into the hospital for chemo.  This Friday marked the start of round three.  It is hard.  You never want Fridays to come and that makes the weekdays drag on forever.  But, there is nothing like driving to the hospital after work on Friday to find your mom and dad sitting there with Porter.  He is my brother, my one, studly brother, but he is their son...their only son.  And the way they have taken this trial and kept going is not only an example to me, but to everyone who knows my parents.

Mom and Porter.

She is my best friend.

My mom is kind.  She is full of charity, always giving and never taking.  She knows each of us better than we know ourselves.  She is grateful.  She is patient.  She is tenderhearted.  Not only is she everything that is good, but she is fun.  She has taught us to enjoy life.  To dance.  To sing.  To not let tests take the fun out of life.   

Oh, and did I mention that she is beautiful!? 


She is everything I hope I can become.

No comments: