Sunday, May 8, 2011

She's my best friend.

Happy mother's day!



My mom is absolutely and completely, totally wonderful. You don't find many ladies as kind, selfless, and loving as her. She is beautiful. She has the world's greatest hair. This might be a little biased, but I think she has raised five pretty amazing kids. She has the cutest snort in her laugh, which is starting to appear in my own laughing. She gives and gives and gives. She has good intentions behind every act. She ends every conversation with "I love you", and that is now something we all do with each other. She is the kind of mother that I would like to be.

I depend on our daily conversations to get me through my long days. Now, with my family living so close, I get to see her whenever I want. Before they moved to Utah we'd go months without seeing each other. I am not sure we can do that anymore. If we go a week without seeing each other, I always get a call from her telling me how much she misses me. I absolutely love that. If I don't call her before she goes to bed, I will get a text from her asking if I am alright or if I am mad at her because she never heard from me. Isn't she sweet?

We always have a blast together. I love when she offers to meet me after work for dinner. I love how I can tell her everything. She knows my heart, in fact, she knows me better than I know myself.

I love when she comes into my classroom.  She is great with my students.  When we go on field trips, she is constantly making sure that I know where all of my kids are (which I do, don't worry), but she is still my mom and no matter how big/grown up I get, she will always check that I am doing my job right.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mom, I love you.  Thank you for the countless hours you have served me (and all of the lucky people who have come to know you).  Thank you for the example that you are always setting.  Thank you for your patience with me, for talking things out with me when I don't know how (or refuse to) grow up.  Thank you for knowing me, for being able to tell if I am happy, stressed, or frustrated just by hearing my voice.  Thank you for loving me.  Happy Mother's Day.


 hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss.

No comments: