Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting old?

I always thought that my body would continue to let me do what I've always done. I mean, I'm not even 23 yet! But it has recently given me a few reminders that I am no longer a carefree energetic youth. 

1. I am ALWAYS tired. This might be in part due to a fairly stressful work load lately...But also because I can't stay up until 3 am, sleep until 8, and make it through the whole day just fine like I did my freshman year.

2. My stomach notices every little thing. Really. Elevators get me, even if I am just going up one floor. Dips in the road catch me off guard, even if I am driving and I see it coming. I never expect my stomach to be so sensitive!  Bus rides are hands down the worst though!  Remember when that used to be fun?

3. Swinging for more than five minutes makes my head hurt. This one makes me really sad. I love swinging next to my kids (see who can swing the highest) but recently I've had to hold back. 

4. Aches & pains. Bumps & bruises. But if you talk to my mom, she would tell you that I've always been this way. I remember coming home from elementary school and telling her about a headache or a funny bump somewhere. Then she would just call me an old lady...

4 comments:

Alison Rae said...

I totally understand! I cannot stay awake for the ,life of me! Also, if I eat anything even remotely unhealthy my stomach is super unhappy! I miss the old days....

Rachel Wattson said...

welcome to the club. You will start noticing wrinkles and skin damage next. Seriously, I started noticing my wrinkles etc when I was 23.

thorkgal said...

You're on your way! I remember that... also the thought of running just for fun, GONE. And jumping on the tramp, UGH. Standing on your head is just out of the question. It makes your head throb and an upside down image is just,wrong. Serious... go upside down and look in a mirror. Then try it in 20 years. Frightening!

Jess said...

AHHH!!!!!!! ME TOO!!! WRINKLES ARE COMING TO!! GROSS. AREN'T WE STILL LIKE 12? Where does time go?!