Thursday, July 22, 2010

saying ayo, gotta let go

I am sitting on the couch at my house but I feel like I am rocking back and forth.

The last four days have been quite the adventure. I was in Lake Powell with some people in my ward, a first for me. It was an absolute blast. I loved it. We went wakeboarding, wakesurfing, tubing, swimming and jet skiing. We had lots of dance parties, camp fires, and fun. The weather was not the sunniest, but the thunder and lightning storms were a blast.

We listended to Taio Cruz's Dynamite over and over again. I have been home for almost 24 hours and I still have the song stuck in my head (hence the title of my post)

I had probably one of my best wakeboarding runs ever out there. I so badly want to clear the wake, still can't do that, but I feel like I got so close! haha I went on the most ridiculous tubing runs and was thrown all over the place. There were four of us that would ride and ride without falling off. SUCH A BLAST!

And as much as I absolutely loved these last four days with my friends, it made me really miss the weeks at Shaver Lake with my family. All of our traditions, jokes, and memories. Yes, many people think that Powell is heaven on earth, but Shaver will always be the most beautiful.

All in all, I am so lucky that I got to go and I wish I could spend everyday of my summer at a lake with friends and family.

No comments: