Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth!

I love this holiday. I always have. I love being surrounded by family and friends. I love the patriotism it brings out in everyone because I am so proud to be an American. I love the baseball, the food, the fireworks. The entire country turns red, white, and blue.


But this year, I think it means a lot more to me. I have a new respect for the inspired men who founded this free country. I just finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and it talks quite about the men who dedicated their lives to the beginning of the United States of America. There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father gave them inspiration to design our government the way they did. We are so blessed with all of the wonderful freedoms we have.

I honor those who serve so that we can continue to have such rights. My students and I did music with a regular 4/5th grade class once a week and for a month or so we learned the military medley. I had heard it many times before and had even played it back in the days of band, but it really moved me to hear these sweet children sing and to hear my kids remember the songs even at the end of the year. I admire the courage and dedication of those in the armed forces. I am forever grateful to them.

1 comment:

Alison Rae said...

oh my GOSH that picture Tati. I am in love with it! That needs to be seen by more eyes! Maybe I will print it out ... :) j/k but I miss you so come back soon k?