Sunday, November 22, 2009

what a week!

I don't know that anyone can understand how unbelievably rough this week has been for me (unless you are an aide in my classroom). We got two new students and they are going to be very hard. I know that things will get better but having these new students has also thrown off all my other kids. I have been about ready to fall over and Friday, I did...TWICE. We were at BYU swimming and one of my kids thought it was fun to run and I slipped on the wet tile. The second time was really hard. I felt my whole spine vibrate all the way up to my head. The poor boy fell with me and he just looked at me and said OW! and I told him that that is what happens when we run. It only got better to find a poopy diaper and to have my super large cookie in a box (given to me by a super cute boy - i've got your attention now huh!) smooshed. SO - it was just a hard week and to end with a hard Friday makes it even worse. BUT...

There have been some great positives this week that have kept me going!

  1. Knowning that I would get to see my family this weekend.
  2. BYU Basketball with my good friend's mom on Tuesady - Thank you Mama L :)
  3. Preach My Gospel - I love being a part of the missionary council and studying PMG
  4. I just decided that I can listen to CHRISTMAS MUSIC and I think I have the greatest Christmas music collection a college student could have!
  5. A cute boy
  6. My sweet kids and their Thanksgiving Play - gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble!
  7. Ray's institute lesson on Humility and Gratitude that I'm sure was just for me to hear on Wednesday
  8. Watching UP in a parking lot
  9. Reading So B. It - it's by Sarah Weeks and I recommend it to anyone
  10. All my childhood friends. I spent yesterday in St. George for Tim Cummings' funeral. What an amazing service and an even more amazing family. Everyone I remember growing up was there and I know everything went just as Tim would have wanted. Each of his kids spoke and there were several music numbers. I was amazed at their talent and their sweet memories of their father. It was a very emotional but happy afternoon.
  11. The Plan of Salvation and the knowledge of Eternal Families
  12. The super cute picture Porter and I got to take together :)


I really can't complain because I sure am a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

You never cease to amaze (and inspire) me, Tati!

Cami said...

Tati, you truly are amazing! I kept thinking to myself on Friday, and actually expressed to my aides, that you were not having the best week and how hard that must have been. But look at you, being optimistic and looking for the good things and keeping it positive! You are an inspiration, thanks for being you!