Thursday, November 12, 2009

it's raining, it's pouring

So, I know it has been fall for a while now - but can I just tell you that last week was one of the prettiest weeks Provo has seen in a long time. The leaves are beautiful and falling. The sun was out and then...today started the rain. If there was some thunder and lightning - I would love it. And if I had a rocking chair by a window and a cute boy to watch it all with - I would love it even more. I guess this is the longest I have seen Provo stay beautiful so I really cannot complain but...

Here are a few updates in my life:


BERTO- loves to be held on his back ans tickled. It's pretty adorable. I am still working on learning what he wants and needs. He squeals quite a bit these days and sometimes it gets really loud, but I sure just love having him around.


BYU BASKETBALL - Our season starts on Friday. We have had two exhibition games - one on Tuesday and one tonight. I don't know if you can understand how much I love this. I love it so much that I have camped outside of the Marriott (quite possibly my favorite place at BYU) to get tickets. Basketball is how I make it through the winter.

BISHOPRIC - The bishopric I have come to love over the last year and a half living here at Chatsworth is being released on Sunday. This will be very hard for me and the rest of my ward but we are so lucky to have had them for this long. I am just so grateful for the time that they have put into my ward and me.

FAMILY - My family is coming up the entire week of Thanksgiving! Greatest news I received all weekend!

VETERANS DAY - We had an assembly yesterday and before it started the 4th graders stood up and sang the Military Medley. My class has been going into a music class once a week with the 4th graders so I actually new the words and I have watched my kids learn the words or just sing as loud as they can with their 4th grade friends. When these sweet kids started singing...I started crying. I was just overwhelmed with the courage they had and continue to have.

MY CLASS - I still love them. Can you believe it!? haha Today one of them said, "PBS kids. Where a kid can be a kid." PBS + Chuck E. Cheese = Amazing. We also went to a PE class with some 6th graders and one of my kids was so good...he mimicked everything the other kids. He leaped, he galloped, skipped, stretched. I could not stop laughing!

Basically, I am really tired but I love life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i just tell you how hilarious your pig is to me? i cannot stop laughing when i see that little FACE!! ahahah love the little guy!

Anonymous said...

o that comment was just from me, aubrey. i can't figure out this stupid blog thing

Alyse Bennett said...

I love the life updates... Let's do an in-person update soon though. That's exciting news to hear that you're family will be up to visit over Thanksgiving! My family will be here too, maybe we'll have to see all you Thorkelsons. It will be like old times!