Sunday, November 15, 2009

I love BYU

Alison brought home some pictures she got at work. They were both pictures of campus and they almost make me want to cry. BYU is beautiful and I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I am a senior and that this part of my life is coming to an end.
I have come to the point where I have to think about my future and the more that I do this, the more that I realize how much I have loved these last four years at BYU. As much as I am not a fan of this snow that has begun to fall (yes, I know it's beautiful - but it is so cold!), I do love life in Provo. I love the student wards. I love the social life. I love the adventures. I don't know how to live on my own anywhere else and I am not sure if Provo is the place I need to stay once I graduate. When I walk on campus I am still amazed that I made it here. I remember that it was like a dream freshman year. It would overwhelm me and I would tear up. It's four years later and walking on campus will still get me teary eyed. There is this joy, excitment, and love eminating from BYU.

On another note - my bishopric was released today and our new bishopric was called. It is so hard to say goodbye. I was with them longer than any other bishopric at BYU and I love them so much. I have developed relationships not only with them but also with their wives - their sweet wives who always put their arms around me when I needed it. But it is amazing how the church continues and the minute Bishop Richards was called and I saw his smile, I knew everything will keep going. He had that smile on throughout the entire meeting.

Also. I got a text Saturday morning while Kelsey and I were squished trying to sleep in my bed, telling me that Tim Cummings had passed away earlier that morning. Anyone that knew Tim has been touched and changed for the better. He was my dad's first friend in Orange County and stayed one of his very closest friends. I think I might have mentioned how I went to St. George with my dad about a month ago and we got to visit Tim - a trip I am so very grateful for. I love the Cummings family and they are in my prayers. I admire their strength and I love the childhood memories I have with them. I am thankful that I have the Gospel in my life, that I know that things continue after this life and that Tim is experiencing joy that we could never imagine. These recent experiences I have had with death - the experiences I have had with it over the last four years - have really made me appreciate those around me. I hope all of you know that. I cannot take for granted the relationships I have.

Today was a BEAUTIFUL Sunday. It is going to be a BEAUTIFUL week.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

You have the most amazing, positive, faithful attitude!

I miss BYU LOTS.

danielle said...

I loved this! Your first paragraph encompassed everything i've been feeling recently... crazy, huh?