Saturday, April 18, 2009

finals drive me CRAZY

First of all -I have been trying to put my fabulous ward talent show video on my blog but I cannot figure it out. Weird, I know. But CHECK IT! :)

Next - it is finals week. Finals officially started yesterday. AHHH. I was supposed to have four scheduled finals. One was just presenting papers we wrote but the other three were actual tests. Surprise, all teachers decided to give us take home finals. I know, you are thinking, "Wow. That is so nice. Lucky Tati!" Please. Stop that. It's not that lucky. I just had three tests go from multiple choice, true/false, scantron finals to 6-11 page define this, example of that, essay answer tests! And so I had time blocked out for three hours on Wednesday night for this class, and two hours on Saturday morning for this class, blah blah blah, but now that means nothing and I have just spent all day Friday in the library and I have already been here since 9 this morning.
BUT, I am happy to say I finished two finals yesterday and the last of my papers this morning. This leaves me with just one final that is not due until Monday. YES!!!

Also, last night after Aubrey and I were in the library from 4 to 9, we went and saw He's Just Not That Into You. Aubrey has been raving about it since she saw it months ago. Last night he made its debut in the dollar theater. Yes please. What an impowering movie, especially for a single young girl like myself. I was worried I would see it and feel all low about myself because ahh I have done all the things they have said not to. Instead, now I feel like if he is not showing interest, it's because he isn't interested and I can move on and know that he missed out. Yes yes yes.

Some of my favorite/needed to hear/funny quotes:

"You are good enough to be asked out."
"Men don't forget how much they like you. So put down the phone
"If you can find him, then he can find you.If he wants to find you, he will."
"I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting."

LOVE THIS MOVIE. Also my ever-so-sweet roommate is buying the book for me. An early birthday present she says. I can't decide if it's because she really wants it or if she thinks I really need it :)

1 comment:

aubrey said...

Hello, it's just me, aubrey. i bought that book for you, with the intention of reading it myself. UNTIL THE WRONG ONE ARRIVED. ugh dumb. but fun bloggg :)