Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Because you love tulips"

My little reception desk at work is right by where the amazing BYU travel ladies are and we have become good friends. They are just so happy and everyone in the office adores them. Athletes will stop by just to say hi to their good friends Terri and Lori. From my desk I hear just about anything and everything that happens in their office. I often get distracted and find myself laughing at their conversations...oops! But I am pretty sure they still like me.

Today, a very beautiful bouquet of red tulips came for Terri. The delivery girl went to her office but Terri was out over by me so I said Terri's name and she turned around and just smiled. She told me they must be from her husband. She opened the little card and read aloud, "Because you love tulips."

I don't know why, but that really hit me. It was such a simple thing but you just knew her husband loved her and she loved him. I almost started crying and even now thinking about it, I am getting teary eyed. Having been at school for the last 3 years and watching my friends get married I have really begun to notice the happy couples in my life who have been an example to me. They are not ashamed to love out loud, if you will.

I hope this blog doesn't look like me being jealous of such love because I feel very loved by my family, friends, roommates, co-workers, teachers, students, peers, and I could go on and on. Seeing Terri get those flowers made my heart hurt (which it does often), and not because I was sad that I had no one to get me flowers but more because I realized how eternal love is. I guess I am not sure what I am trying to say, but I love love. I am so grateful for the love that I have seen and even more for the love I have felt.

What a good day.

3 comments:

Jason and Kelly said...

i like this one :)

Alyse Bennett said...

I love you tati!

thorkgal said...

Wow, I'd be bawling right along with you. That's what movies are made of and let me tell ya... we don't see that around these parts.