Sunday, July 17, 2016

finding peace

are you guys overwhelmed with the sadness happening around the world these days? because i sure am.


i turn on the news & my heart just drops. it's scary. 


i start to worry about the world rooney will grow up in. it is already so different from the world i knew as a kid.


so over the last week or so, i have started thinking of things i could do to be prepared & also to find some peace in all of this turmoil.


1. prayer! i am trying to talk to my heavenly father the minute i become worried, overwhelmed, or anxious. he knows.


2. scripture study! i wrote a post awhile back about how i am trying to study my scriptures more diligently again. i am not perfect at it, but it is getting better & i am finding strength in the knowledge i find as i study.


3. i gave a lesson to my beehives today about our baptismal covenants & i think they are good things for us to be practicing daily. PLUS, as we keep them in mind, he pours out his spirit upon us & that is exactly what i need right now (& always, right?).

 this is the handout i gave the girls & i strongly felt that focusing on these covenants would make me better, stronger, & help me find the good.

4. spending time with rooney. letting her happiness & love for life wash over me. following her lead for adventure & curiosity.


5. look for the good. there's a lot that makes my heart heavy right now, but there are also stories that will lift & strengthen too.


6. be the good. need ideas? see number 3. but simple things help. smile. take someone cookies. offer to put someone's cart away. write a letter.


7. love. like i have said before, choose to love. 


what are some things you guys are doing to help when the sadness of the world threatens to take over?


also - aren't sundays just the best? church, rest, recharge, family time. i am ready for a new week.

2 comments:

Ange Bendixsen said...

I love this. Thank you!

I have to focus on what I can influence, mainly my little family and put the rest out of my mind.

I love all your blog posts. Thank you for always sharing.

Ange Bendixsen said...

I love this. Thank you!

I have to focus on what I can influence, mainly my little family and put the rest out of my mind.

I love all your blog posts. Thank you for always sharing.