Thursday, April 23, 2015

five weeks old

Baby Roo is now five weeks old and I cannot believe it. The time has flown! (and in less than three weeks, i have to go back to work. i am feeling just a little bit of anxiety about this right now...)

from her one month photo shoot

Roo is all about the food. Nothing makes her smile like eating. She loves a warm bath, but hates getting out. Diaper changes have gotten better, until you put the new diaper on. She loves to sleep in bed with mom and dad and is a big time snuggler. Her hand is always moving across my chest, neck, or hair. She spent a few days cooing at 3 am to wake me up instead of crying - it was amazing and so sweet. We just really really love her.

People always ask what she weighs. Tricky, since we haven't been to the doctor for three weeks and she doesn't go back in until her two month appointment. So, I decided to step on the scale with her and then again without her. Guess what...my scale told me she weighed 12 pounds and I know sweet baby Roo does NOT weight 12 pounds. I sort of feel like a lousy mom when I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe I will just make up an answer from now on?

just a disclaimer: I know she looks perfect/smiley/adorable/happy in all of my pictures, and she mostly is, but don't let the pictures fool you. Every few weeks, we seem to hit 3 to 4 day patches of seriously fussiness. I am crossing my fingers that these are just growth spurts and not baby girl becoming colicky or developing allergies to something I am eating. We are currently on day 3 of one of these fussy patches and if you saw me right now, you would be able to tell. (yoga pants, unwashed hair, and no makeup. the glamor of motherhood.)

Things I am quickly learning:
  • when your baby cries, your heart breaks into millions of little pieces. It hurts
  • baby nails are razor sharp. i cannot figure out why - they are paper thin.
  • baby gas is the absolute worst. i have never gotten so excited about farts before in my life.
  • so much laundry...
  • laughing at the explosions make it so much easier.
  • change diaper, eat, nap, play, cry, repeat.
  • don't curl your hair. you will only make it half way through before she wakes up.
  • everyone says to nap when she naps. i try. but then nothing gets done and that has been really hard for me, probably the hardest thing so far. i hate feeling like i did nothing all day. (see next bullet)
  • i know that i am not doing nothing all day. i am caring for my sweet baby. i am a mother! and i {love} being a mom.
  • ok. i have learned so much more too...i just can't think of them right now. blaming it on my lack of sleep. and i am just so excited about this next part...
Now to the best part of the post. When Roo was just a little more than a three weeks old, we got pictures taken. I got them back today and oh. my. goodness. They are perfect. So here are just a few of them - it has taken me forever to pick which ones to share. I am seriously in love with all of them.
(shameless plug. if you are in utah, check out Allie Kirk. she is amazing.)



















ps. this blog is going private soon. so get your email to me!

9 comments:

Sioux said...

poet_sue@yahoo.com

OR sueshiff@yahoo.com

This is Michele's Aunt Sue.

Morgan1188 said...

Tati I just love reading your posts! Little Rooney is the absolute cutest most perfect pumpkin in the world. She is exactly what I pictured your baby to be :-) I'd love to stay in the loop here! My email is Morgan.monreal10@gmail.com

Rosie said...

Add bot hotrosyposy@gmail.com and joshmskinner@gmail.com

Allie said...

Tatiiiiii! You make my heart sing!! Just kidding/ but seriously. You're the greatest. I've only known you for a short time but you are already one of my favorite people on the planet. I'm so glad I got to see your blog before it goes private! I'd love to keep reading if you'd like to invite me to. allison.michelle@live.com

Andrea ♥ said...

Tati, she is just so precious. I love these photos and am so excited that you're a Momma. That little girl is very lucky to have you. Please invite me to read and watch baby Roo grow ♡ Andrea hillan918@gmail.com

FRYBABY said...

These pictures are adorable!! And I always love your insight and the things you share:)My son sure chose a beautiful wife!!
smithees13@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations Tati, on your beautiful family! I truly enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of your beautiful baby girl. Congrats!

Ashley
clotildecoleman@gmail.com

Unknown said...

mwpampame@gmail.com

Aunt Michelle

Unknown said...

alix.r.wilson@gmail.com :-D