Wednesday, January 7, 2015

third trimester

       What I've learned about pregnancy now that I am [officially] in the last trimester!

There's nothing like feeling her move and kick! I have felt attached to her since day one, but after 6 months, I feel like I know her. Every time I see my belly move or feel her kick, I can't help but smile. When I lay down at night, I cannot sleep until I feel her wiggle around.

She is officially the size of a large eggplant (according to all of my pregnancy apps) and weighs nearly 2.5 pounds!

My belly seems to grow noticeably bigger everyday!

Though, I am still working to master the cute baby bump picture. 


While, anticipating her is the greatest thing, being pregnant has had some not so pleasant side effects and while these might sound like complaints, I promise they are not! I have been very lucky and really, the worst I've experienced lately is being uncomfortable. 

Soooo, what I have learned after 6 months of pregnancy:

1. We all have those things that make us cringe. For Ashton, he hates the feeling of fabric between teeth - no holding blankets and towels in your mouth as you fold them. No sweater strings. Even if I do it, he can't take it. For me, my cringe is my belly button. I hate when people touch my belly button (and luckily that doesn't happen often). What I've realized thanks to baby girl is that it's even worse when my belly button gets touched from the inside. It's such a bizarre feeling and she likes to rub up against it a few times a day. Makes me get all crawly just thinking about it!

2. I miss sleeping on my belly so much! Sleeping is uncomfortable and full of interruptions between baby kicks, switching sides so my hips aren't hurting, and bathroom breaks. While I miss sleeping on my stomach, I really just miss sleep. 

3. I have stopped caring about things that used to be a huge part of who I am. Like shaving regularly. I swam all through high school. Shaving my legs was something I did daily. I couldn't sleep with prickly legs. Now, I'll go (at least) three days between shaving! I go as long as possible between hair washings.

Ahhh! Mostly, I just can't wait for her to be here. 

Ps. I am seriously craving jelly bellies right now.

No comments: