Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Today

Today is big day for my family.


Today, my parents have been married for 25 years.  They are the couple I want to someday be.  They love each other and all of us kids have always known it.  They hold hands.  Sometimes they even kiss in front of us!  They have made it through ups and downs - today being both an up and down as their son loses his right leg below his knee/hopefully becomes completely cancer free!  My parents are my best friends.  I thought I had grown all independent while I was at BYU (though I talked to my mom on the phone everyday), but then they moved to Utah and I realized how much I just wanted to be around them.


Today, my brother will become a below the knee amputee, but also cancer free!!!  We are in the same waiting room that we sat in 4 months and 1 day ago.  The emotions and feelings of that day were unsure, fearful, sad...needless to say, it was a tough tough day.  Those emotions aren't here now.  A few tears have been shed, but there is peace around us.  There is laughing, smiling, and warmth.  There is confidence that everything is going to work out.

 He is so strong!



Thank you to everyone whose thoughts and prayers are with my family, especially with Porter.  We have felt every one of them.

3 comments:

thorkgal said...

What a day!

brooke said...

you thorkelsons are an amazing family, that's for sure. i only wish i'd known you ever better when you were in ca. so thankful to know you all.

danielle said...

You are all in my prayers! You guys are amazing!!