Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4

1. This morning as we were singing the National Anthem, one of my students grabbed my hands and started swaying (this is how he dances) with me as he sang. I couldn't stop laughing. The same student later grabbed me during Signing Time as Rachel Coleman was singing "Outside" and ran me around in circles. haha It was unreal.

2. I went home this last weekend. BEAUTIFUL. The weather changed just in time for me to come and enjoy it. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend at home. I got to see my Cougars play at Qualcom. I got to go to the beach twice. I got to eat Mr. Taco. I got to see all my favorite people. AND I got to spend lots of time with my family...although we didn't play any charades this time. Guess Christmas will provide plenty of opportunity for charades :)

3. Someone started singing "You are my sunshine" in class today. One of the first girls I ever worked in up here in Utah used to sing that to me as I would take her to the bathroom. She was the happiest girl who just would light up with music. This song and working with students with disabilities reminds me of a talk once shared in my first semester in the special ed program. It's called "Jesus Hears Me." If you have a few minutes to spare - read it. I cry, even now, as I read it. I forget how close they bring me to the Savior everyday. I have a sweet girl, much like Heather, and her blue eyes, sweet giggles, and few words of "tickle tickle" as she tickles at your back, have an innocence unlike any other. She smiles as she gets off the bus. She smiles as she gets back on to go home. She smiles as she is stretched and made to stand in her stander for 20 minutes. She knows she is special. She knows she is loved and she shares that with all that know her.

4. "To infinity and beyond!" - Toy Story is a favorite in my classroom. We have been slowly watching it and I am surprised at what my students can quote. My dancing boy from earlier is the one who quotes Buzz Lightyear all the time. I will start with "To infinity..." and he will always finish it. My favorite part though is when the toys all gang up on Sid. He is holding Woody in his hand and Woody spins his head creepily around and says something like "We are watching you...So PLAY NICE!" and seriously, at least 3 of my kids said "play nice" with Woody. Kinda cute.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

We read that same sweet story in my hymns class at BYU! Thanks for reminding me of it.

A Roper said...

Girl!! I am so sorry about your friend! I am glad to know you have a blog. You will go on my list because I love you! Come party with us sometiem!