Friday, January 9, 2009

Starting the year off right

It is only January 9th. It has been 2009 for 9 days and between the holidays and now my life has been so blessed.

This break at home was everything I wanted it to be. Our house was full of family. Mike and his family stayed with us. Michelle was there for a few days. And then Gregg and Connie were there with there boys all of the time. I was home just about all the time. Mom had even decorated the house so pretty and the sun was out and I even got to wear a dress to the beach!

The Chargers won. That was a huge deal.

I threw one of my first bridal showers. I will get better at it....but this means it's almost time for Kelly to get married! I got to spend time with Lauren and Kelly and now Jason too :) We had so much fun. Spent a night in the hot tub and another night at the favorite KPFM.

Carly is getting ready to head out to England for 6 months! So that brought the girls back together and we did a CPK dinner one night. Life will be rough with her so far away but I am so excited for her to have that experience.

I then made a safe trip back to Provo. We beat the snow by a few hours and snowed for a few days. The night we got here I think the temperature in Provo made it all the way to 0°F. Ridiculous huh? Kelsey was seriously worried.

BEST NEWS OF ALL: When I got back to Provo I got an email about a job I had sent my application to. They wanted an interview. I interviewed on Wednesday and my first day was Thursday. This could not have come at a more needed time and it is such a fun job. I work in the Student Athlete Building. I just man the front desk on the third floor, make fun payments (because money is my favorite thing....not), make fun fliers for the elevator, and smile. I love it.

I also have a goal to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I hope I can retain some of what I learned this summer. Then dad emailed me and the family is trying to read it in 180 days, putting us at 3 pages a day. I am doing it with them just I am also reading in Spanish. It has been fabulous.

Once again, I am back to studying special education. My schedule is worked out just right. I have never had things just work out like this. I am definitely not saying it is an easy schedule because it isn't. I hardly have any free time at all - it is just so precisely made hour by hour.

I can't complain. 2008 was a fabulous year for me filled with experiences that really made me grow. I am so excited to see what this year holds.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Loved, loved, loved seeing everyone. It made for a wonderful holiday. Love ya!!!