Monday, December 26, 2016

my post-christmas pregnant-lady miracle

you guys, christmas was beautiful. but before i tell you about our wonderful little christmas, i must tell you my story from tonight.


i am 19 weeks pregnant & just starting to get my appetite back. rarely having food cravings (mostly just beans ((more on that to come)) & chili's honey chipotle crispers so far...), but my food aversion towards pretty much everything has lessened big time. anyway, tonight i got a craving.


i wanted really good beans - like from the yummiest mexican restaurants, or rubios, but we don't have a rubio's nearby. i looked on yelp to see if i could find anything close. of course, there was costa vida or cafe rio & that got me thinking about a warm pork burrito...suddenly that & beans was just what i needed for dinner.


since we just spent $$$ on christmas, i didn't want to spend money on something silly like my bean/burrito craving. so i started looking for coupons. "download the app & get a free drink!" close, but i would still feel guilty spending money...


ashton asked if i had any cafe rio stamp cards. i quickly grabbed my wallet & found a card with six stamps on it. sooo close. i was heart broken. you guys, i really wanted this food! i dumped my wallet out & guess what i found!


another card with...


four stamps on it!!!!


we had it! i had 10 stamps! the hormones + my stomach + knowing i was going to eat what i wanted nearly brought tears to my eyes. i was ridiculously happy.


& I got my delicious pork burrito with a yummy side of black beans. i am a very happy 19 week pregnant mama with a very content stomach - though i have to say my burrito was seriously lacking in the pork area...oh well. i am still happy.






** if you have a delicious bean (black beans, refried beans, etc..) recipe, please send it my way. i need to make a large amount so that i don't have to go spending $ to satisfy this craving.

1 comment:

Ange Bendixsen said...

So it's not a bean recipe but it's my favorite homemade cafe rio type recipe: http://fromsundaytosaturday.blogspot.com/2014/05/cafe-rio-style-sweet-pork-and-creamy.html. You can then have all the sweet pork you want :)) I craved loaded nachos the whole time I was pregnant with our son. We would have made good pregger eating buddies!